Big Bash is a league which is for the game ‘Cricket’ and more of like the Australian versions of IPL. For quite some time this league is functional. Eight teams all cross from the Australia play in this league and all the matches played in it are of t20 format. Also teams that qualify or come as a winner in this league will also play in the world renowned league called as ‘ICC championship league’. In earlier version there were 31 matches played, but this time they have increased the match count from 31 to 35, so each team will have four home ground matches. World famous food chain, KFC is the sponsor for this league and network ten is the official broadcaster for this Big bash league.
DOWNLOAD SCHEDULE IN PDF
Big Bash League 2014-2015 Teams
In total there are eight teams in the Big Bash League and all of them are having their home ground fixed for them. Some teams are from the same place like Sydney and Melbourne.
The name of the teams in the Big Bash League is given below:
- Adelaide Strikers- Represents the Adelaide city team and their home ground is Adelaide’s parklands and has seating capacity of 35000.
Squad: Johan Botha, Jono Dean, Callum Ferguson, Alex Hales, Jon Holland, Matt Johnston, Michael Klinger, Trent Lawford, Tim Ludeman, Andrew McDonald, Michael Neser, Gary Putland, Nathan Reardon, Kane Richardson, Shaun Tait, Adam Zampa
- Brisbane Heat- This team represents the Brisbane city and their official cricket ground is the THE GABBA, which has a seating capacity of 38000+ people.
Squad: James Hopes, Dan Christian, Ben Cutting, Peter Forrest, Cameron Gannon, Ryan Harris, Nathan Hauritz, Chris Lynn, Alister McDermott, Luke Pomersbach, Daniel Vettori, Shane Watson.
- Hobart Hurricanes- This is new team and situates across the beautiful areas of the Tasmania. Their official cricket is Blundstone Arena, Bellerive and is located on the eastern shores of the Derwent River and has a seating capacity of 15000.
Squad: Travis Birt, Aiden Blizzard, Doug Bollinger, Ben Laughlin, Tim Paine, Owais Shah
- Melbourne Renegades- This is the team which represents the modern part of the Melbourne city. Etihad Stadium which is located at Melbourne’s Docklands is the official cricket ground for this team and was built in the year 2000.
Squad: Aaron Finch, Fawad Ahmed, Tom Cooper, Alex Doolan, Daniel HarrisJayde Herrick, Michael Hill, Muthiah Muralidaran, Peter Nevill, Aaron O’Brien, James Pattinson, Nathan Rimmington, Ben Rohrer, Will Sheridan, Peter Siddle
- Melbourne Stars- This team represents the main team city of the Melbourne and cricket has been associated with them from long time. The prestigious Melbourne cricket ground is the official cricket ground for them. It has whooping city capacity of 100000 lakh people.
Squad: Cameron White, Jackson Bird, James Faulkner, Peter Handscomb, John Hastings, Brad Hodge, David Hussey, Alexander Keath, Lasith Malinga, Glenn Maxwell, Clint McKay, Rob Quiney, Clive Rose, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade, Daniel Worrall, Luke Wright
- Perth Scorchers- This team represents the city Perth and has WACA Ground as their official cricket ground which is located near the banks of Swan River.
Squad: Ashton Agar,Jason Behrendorff, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Patrick Cummins, Mitch Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Tom Triffitt, Adam Voges
- Sydney Sixers- Representing Sydney as their home city with prestigious SCG as their home ground, surely this team is looking forward to a great play in this tournament.
Squad: Brad Haddin, Brett Lee, Nic Maddinson, Stephen O’Keefe, Steven Smith, Moises Henriques
- Sydney Thunder- Another team from the Sydney city, and they have ANZ as their official cricket ground which is located near Edwin Flack Avenue.
Squad: Michael Clarke, Cameron Borgas, Ryan Carters, Scott Coyte, Luke Doran, Jason Floros, Daniel Hughes, Mike Hussey, Dirk Nannes, Kurtis Patterson, Gurinder Sandhu, Chris Tremain
Official Broadcaster for Big Bash 2014-15
Ten Sports has got the official Rights for broad casting all the matches that will be played in KFC Big Bash. For other countries their local broadcaster will the one responsible for the Broadcasting of matches.
Venue for the Big Bash League 2014- 15 Matches
- Adelaide Oval : Capacity of this ground is 17,000
- GABBA : Capacity of this ground is 39,800
- Blundstone Arena : Capacity of this ground is 15,500
- Etihad Stadium : Capacity of this ground is 53,359
- MCG : Capacity of this ground is 100,000
- WACA Ground : Capacity of this ground is 26,000
- Sydney Cricket Ground : Capacity of this ground is 46,000
- ANZ Stadium : Capacity of this ground is 82,500
Official Sponsors for the Big Bash League 2014-15
KFC and Toyota are the commercial sponsors for this league. Ten and ESPN sports are the sports Sponsor for this league. KooGa will the Apparel sponsor for this league. ABC will be the Radio partner for Big Bash League.
Contact details for Big Bash League
For any queries and suggestion the concerned person can contact this address:
60 Jolimont Street
Jolimont Victoria 3002
Phone Number: (+61 3) 9653 9999
Advertising in Big Bash League
Any company or person who wishes to advertise in Big Bash league can contact the details which are given below:
Digital Commercial Manager
Tel: +61 3 9653 8824
Note: We have published this information for knowledge purpose only and no where an advertiser or concerned authority related with the Big Bash League. Readers discretion is advised while learning this information.